Monday, January 25, 2010

No Hawaiian Shirt?

"I'm sorta an order of magnitude guy, you know?" -Prof. Heath


Today, I figured out why EVERY auditorium has those signs that say "No Food or Drink".  Sitting in an interminable math lecture (in the front row... not my fault, don't hate me), I looked down and observed that my backpack was sitting in a puddle of some milk-like substance.  The punch line is that someone ten rows behind me had spilled it, and it had slid all the way down the conveniently sloped floor to fuck up the homework sets sitting in my completely unwaterproofed backpack.


I'm putting a standing shower order on small Asian girls with protein shakes who sit in the back of lecture halls.


More importantly, our ridiculously chill chemistry professor was devoid of his typical Hawaiian shirt today, which probably means that he ran out of weed.  I figure you'd have to be high if you look at yourself in the mirror wearing one of those things and think it looks good, but hey, I'm not one to cramp his style.


In other news-- the stuff that actually matters-- the richest man in the world told us what we should have known already: our government is full of unrealistic idiots.  Actually, he said it a lot more tactfully than that, but the gist of it is that our budget is mega-screwed and we need to keep the ridiculous number of entitlement programs cropping up everywhere in check.  I figure he knows something about money, but I'll let you judge: here's the article.

That's it for now, except our latest feature: the Comic Strip of the Day.
Pearls Before Swine Jan 25, 2010...

No comments:

Post a Comment